Last night I finished painting the crib and today I moved it inside and it is all ready to go! I found this crib (and crib mattress, not a normal size at all) at a garage sale a few years ago. Kept it out in the back shed until a few weeks ago. Stripped it, sanded it, stained it, sanded some more, and painted it. Made the bumper pads awhile ago. Got the idea from Brittany, her mother in law made her bumper pads like this when Lucy was born. Used one of those quilted cotton blankets/bedspreads. Just cut it up and made a case for some old pads I had. $20 at TJ Maxx and enough left over to make a little crib quilt too. Love how it all turned out. Had fun doing it all. And a huge weight off my shoulders that it is finally done!
Have to sand the other drawer down a bit, paint made it fit too tight. Tight fit in our bedroom, had to move my wardrobe to Roman's room. So his room is a little full of furniture right now. But we will get going on his new room downstairs soon enough, and then all the furniture can get back to normal.
I also did one more quilt last Sunday and finally got the binding sewn on. I know I know, as if I don't have enough blankets and quilts already. But I have had this material for years and have been waiting for an idea to strike me for it. So when the idea came I had to do it. Actually went pretty fast because none of it is pieced, all the squares are just sewn on top. Looks better in real life, it is really wrinkled so it looks like an older quilt.
Well, that's all for now. We'll see who's quicker - me making more stuff or the baby coming! I do have a bobby pillow that needs a cover...
22 hours ago