31 March 2009

just something

I have been feeling sad lately. Sad about something I shouldn't be sad about. Something that doesn't really make one bit of sense. Except to me.
This something goes along with something else that I am so grateful for. Something I have been wanting for a long time. Something that I am not taking for granted.

So how do you keep yourself from being sad, or worrying, or wanting other things?
How is it so easy for me to be so grateful for one blessing but wish for more?
I know I sound a bit coo-coo right now! And selfish too. I know I have been blessed in my life. But sometimes that doesn't change things for me.
I guess I still have a lot of learning and growing to do.

But I know I will get over it.
And move on.
But for now I just had to get that out.

I know that there are far more important things in life than sitting here feeling sorry for myself and being depressed over a silly little something.
More important things like my Roman.
He never fails to make me laugh.

Super Roman to the rescue!

3 comments:

Jen & George Scott said...

Hey Whit - I am sorry that you are Sad!!! I go through those times, I think everyone does. It is great that you can find joy in your kids though!!!

Christal said...

Whitney your making me sad just reading this. I hope whatever it is it'll be okay cause you know we all love you and hope your happy! But sometimes things make us sad and the more we think about it the longer it takes to go away even if its something we wanted bad but comes with it kind of eh. But since I don't know what your sad about I probably can't say that! But cheer up! I love super roman he is hilarious! Hope your all feeling better soon! If I can do anything lmk!! ttys

Jacklyn said...

You summed us all up...Learning growing, being grateful but also sometimes still being a little sad...It's ok