25 August 2009

hello there

Does anyone still read this thing?
I'm a tad bit embarrassed at my lack of posting.
You know it's bad when your husband offers to play with the kids so you can get a post up.
Despite the rainy weather we have been busy having fun this summer. I lost count on how many fun trips to the lake in Montana we have had. Pool time. Park time. Lots of good walks with good friends. Had a fantastic 7th anniversary with my amazingly awesome husband yesterday. Love him more and more each year. Just your usual summer stuff. I must say I have been a little sad at not having my own house to have people over to or have BBQs at. But I am so loving that my family is putting up with us living here while we "build" a house.
House stuff has consumed so much of my time this summer. Annoying, but oddly satisfying at the same time. And also very sad, because for all the time it consumes we have nothing to show for it yet! Keep your fingers crossed, we should be digging the hole and pouring the basement next week. I won't go into all the delays, most of you have listened to me drone on and on about it already.
So that's us. I am so completely lazy that I have not downloaded any pictures from my camera. I have been really bad at taking pics this summer anyway. So let me just go digging into the files of what we were doing last summer at this time...
Me almost a year ago. This is as we were heading to the hospital to be induced on my due date. Oh man that is a big ol' belly! At least I can look back now and laugh at my fat self right!
But oh so worth it.

Finn. Almost one year old. I refuse to believe it has almost been a year. Quite sad actually that his first year flew by so fast and I feel like I was gone for half of it or something. We called him the lump for awhile. So content just to sit around. Apparently he finally realized he has red hair and his feisty fiery side has come out. He has some attitude now! Love my little Finney bean.

I'll try harder. I'll get better. Stay tuned, more posts and newer pictures to come.

7 comments:

Tisha said...

Hope you get to dig soon!

Just Rhonda said...

:) yeah get posting again eh!

LindsayB said...

el preggo! i cannot even bug you about your lack of posting, i've been pretty pathetic this summer too.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

holy crap. finally a post.
sounds like you've been having an amazing summer though - I'd love to run into you in Pre-school this next year. You can tell me all about house-building woes and I can be jealous!
Can't believe Finn's going to be 1soon!!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

I love that pic of Fin in the letter F. Such a cute photo!! And, when I saw that picture of you prego, I though this was going to be a post about you being prego!! Ah?

whitney said...

NO NO NO preggo for me steph, don't go starting rumors now.

Christal said...

Love the pictures of little finn so hard to believe he will be one soon! You are such a cute pregnant girl!
Can't wait till you start digging one more step closer to getting over here so I can have a friend just around the corner yeah!!! Fun summer eh can't say I'm to sad to see it over can't wait for the kids to be back in school and have some routine!! But it has been a good summer for the most part hasn't it!! ttys