14 November 2008

necessity is the mother of invention

I am on the enrichment committee at church. We are having super Saturday tomorrow and I am supposed to bring a Christmas treat.
So candy cane kisses and leftover cookie dough
became this
And they actually taste really good!

The left over cookie dough came from this.
Roman's I finally stayed in nursery the whole time all by myself celebration cookies! It only took a year, but he finally stayed. He wasn't excited about going, and it took a great deal of talking into, and he took Monkey with him, but he did it. I asked him what he wanted to do to celebrate and he said make cookies. So make cookies we did. Good way to get rid of Halloween candy too. We'll soon see if he can make it two in a row...
And in other cooking news, I made stuffing from the crock pot blog for dinner last night. It was so good! I'm eating leftovers for lunch as we speak. Cooked a ham in my other crock pot. You just may have to put up with my love of this blog and her recipes for awhile. And if you haven't checked it out you seriously need to!

10 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

YEAH Roman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Those cookies look so yummy, i love the peppermint hug and kisses. Your so smart!

LindsayB said...

i never knew they even made candy cane kisses, ummm, YUM! yippee for roman, and yippee for you too i'm sure. i'm so sad seeing everyone's so fun super saturday's and we didn't have one. i think me and you and sue and rhonda etc. should all get together and have our own super saturday, but can you and rhonda be in charge of the cute crafty stuff? and probably the food too if you want ot to be good?! hehehe.

Christal said...

well martha you are amazing -- look at all the crafty stuff you do! love it and I love your blog! So many fun things!
BTW I had so much fun chattin with you today too! It was fun to get to know you better.
I missed out on the yummy cookies today too but they look so good! Anyway loved your comment cause I am pretty much the sarcastic queen so don't worry it came out in your typing just fine ha ha! anyway love the crockpot link too {except the stuffed onion one that looks a little interesting to me!} :) ttys

Susie said...

yes I second Lindsays idea, I'm in. You are too crafty and a culinary genius. How do you do it? HOpe it all went well for ya

Katie said...

That is so huge that Roman stayed in nursery. Congrats to you all!

Finn is so darling.

You really are Martha Stewart. I am so impressed.

Jacklyn said...

How many hours are in YOUR day man Whit you amaze me!! can you come and be my neighbor??

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Yum, this makes me hun-gray!!

Melissa said...

Hey is your quilt give away on right now? i tried to click on it but nothing happened.

Anonymous said...

Candy cane KISSES!!! Oh my! I MUST find these!!!!! Cookies look great!