01 September 2008

still waiting...

No baby yet. I had strong contractions all day on Thursday, but nothing came of it. I can think of 6 people who have had babies before their due date this summer, 3 of them due after me! What can I say, I guess I like my babies overcooked. But I'm actually feeling pretty good, considering my due date is Thursday. And I am now hoping he will not make an appearance until Wednesday at the earliest. My parents are moving my little sis to Edmonton today and tomorrow, and they are the best choice to watch Roman while we are at the hospital. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I think he will set an induction date in case I go over. So we will wait and see, not much else to do right.
So can you guess what I have been doing while not having a baby? In my defense, Brad has been working days and going back to work after Roman is in bed every evening for the past week and a half. So I need to keep myself entertained somehow. I considered not posting pictures, because after Lindsay's last comment I think I may give her a heart attack. But here is what I have been sewing.
Tote bags for my mom. She wanted something to use at church. Tons of patterns and tutorials floating around I am sure, but I just kinda made up the size as I went along.
Crayon rolls. Have been wanting to make one of these forever but just never got around to it. I am still on the enrichment committee at church and we are planning for a Super Saturday. This is one idea I had that we might make, so I needed samples. They were so easy! Would this interest anyone for a Super Saturday project? Started with this tutorial, and added length on one of them to fit more crayons.

And last but not least, some new friends for the baby's room.
I got the book Sock and Glove awhile ago with a Chapters gift card I had. I feel in love with the elephant pattern. I am even more in love with him now that I made one. Then I just kinda made up the giraffe and the lion. Not so sure about the lion, but Roman seems to like him. Roman says I need to make baby a monkey now so baby won't take his monkey. So I guess I'll get right on that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... Seriously, you exhaust me reading your posts! Oh, and I am in charge of Super Saturday in our ward and I am in desperate need of some cute ideas! Help!!! Anything would be great!

Just Rhonda said...

CUTE stuff Whit! I should make a post about a bunch of super saturday ideas eh??

Kristin Ross said...

I swear every time I look at all your new sewing projects I have to start another. You make the cutest stuff. Can't wait to see baby pics when he decides he has "cooked" long enough.

Jen & George Scott said...

I am soo excited for you. You have probably had the baby by now. You are seriously the craftiest person I have ever met!!!

LindsayB said...

i hope your little bebe is born as i write this. i have a sewing machine now, so now i can feel even worse seeing all your crafty crafts. i love that black and white material in the bag. love it all.

Mindi said...

Um, yer crazy crafty lady! I love the elephant...you keep inspiring me!

Art Solomon said...

Hey you hope you've had your little one. I called but no answer so I'll try your mom. Cute stuff, I love love that elephant! Darling giraffe, he's my favorite. Talk to you soon. Love you. -Steph