07 February 2012

ten on tuesday

How about 5 hates and 5 likes.

1. Bacon. What is the world's fascination with it? I'm so not a fan. I can count on one had the recipes I use bacon in. I never eat it when Brad cooks it for breakfast. The smell of it cooking is nauseating. I only order junior bacon cheeseburgers so Brad can have the bacon.

2. Toms. Sorry, I just don't think they are that cute. And from what I have heard they fall apart pretty easily despite their high price tag. But there is one exception - they are kinda cute on little three year old girls like Evie. But she can make anything cute.
But they do have new Toms ballet flats, and they are cute. I'm still to cheap to buy them though.

3. I've said it before and I'll say it again, boys names for girls. It really is getting hard to pick a name for a boy that is actually boyish. And there are so many adorable girl names out there. Off the top of my head - Olivia, Ella, Hannah, Grace, Lilly, Jane, Audry, Sofie, Scarlet, Violet, Claire, Ruby, Hazel. I didn't even have to think hard.

4. Carrots. Blah. They taste like dirt flavored cardboard. But I do wish I liked them, does that count for something? They look fun to eat.

5. My maternity leave is officially over today. I start back to work tomorrow. My baby just isn't old enough yet. He still breastfeeds twice a day and once in the early morning. So I guess my beloved night shifts are off limits for a bit. We'll see how he does tomorrow. As I type this my heart is racing and my stomach hurts. I'm so stressed about leaving my kids! It's lame I know, they are being left with my parents and my husband. But I also then feel like a burden on them. I just can't win so I'll move on.

Have I completely offended everyone with my hates? I'll be happy now.

6. Olive garden zuppa toscana soup. Making if for dinner tonight. So yummy!

7. Craft group! We made pillows. So nice to get sewing and crafting again. I have a mountain of furniture in the garage waiting to be finished too. I have been out sanding when the kids are in bed. Here are the two pillows I made on the bench in my entry.

8. I won a blender at the Merc (our grocery store). It's pretty sweet. Going to use it in my trailer so we can have our smoothies at the lake!

9. Breastfeeding makes me loose weight. I'm not going to lie, that is half the reason I'm not making Oscar stop. I kinda just want to keep pumping indefinitely...

10. Dried cherries from Costco. I'm eating them right now. They are pretty sweet. I suggest you try them.

10 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Love the hates... and the loves, but I do like bacon;)
my friend and I are trying to do more food storage and found precooked bacon in a can! Yuck eh? We clicked on it to see the price and it was back ordered!!! Makes me think it might just be good, but I can't bring myself to try it. Missya

this and that...now and then said...

love the pillows- I like pillow. Pillows would look nice on my bed. hate bacon smell but love bacon-cook it outside! I hate you going back to work to because now I have to be organized. yuck!

KellyLady said...

I also hate how bacon smells when cooking - but will eat it sometimes. Our best compromise is for Cliff to cook it on the burner of the BBQ outside - no mess and smell for me to deal with!
Good luck with going back to work. You're a wonderful mom and nurse and balance both great!

Christal said...

Love this post!!don't like bacon love carrots love ella you already know I do ha ha! Love your pillows they turned out great as if they wouldn't ha ha you are amazing! and maybe you could just go into business and sell it ha ha!! and the soup yummy!!! and work sad for me too now your gone but I can always watch the kids I don't mind at all!! You are a great mom whit don't ever forget that!! Pretty much amazing you are!!!

Christal said...

oops sell your milk is what I was talking about lol:)

Paige said...

I love everything about bacon, including the smell.
Totally agree with Toms. Don't get it. And because it is such a fad, I absolutely refuse to get any, even if it is for charity.
Agree with the boy/girl names too. When there is such a plethora of cute girl names to choose from, why do people have to resort to stealing the boy names and ruining them!?
Love Zuppa Toscana.
And it's "lose" weight. Loose weight would be gross.

LindsayB said...

i love that you gave a list of acceptable girls names! i love carrots, they are quite sweet to me, but i can also throw back the bacon on occasion. i won some ice cream at the merc, i was so excited i never win anything and then you go and win a blender! i might have to buy your milk every night around 8 or 9 if i forget to drink during the day it's slim pickins for poor little sage even with my drugs. i wish it made me lose a little more weight...

Allison said...

I am glad I am not the only one who nurses out of vanity;) not in the beginning of course, that would be the opposite of true! I have also said that I would rather pump than work out and in my own mind it makes perfect sence, either way you are burning calories, plus then your boobs stay kinda big, right?

Rebecca said...

Oh my word you are so right about losing weight because of breastfeeding. When I stopped its like I gained 5 lbs over night. NOT FAIR!!!

Halo BW said...

The recipe please!

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bagian-daging-sapi