Rhonda had a good 10 today, I think I can say the same for almost every one of hers in some for or another. So being the lazy sister in law that I am, I will just "borrow" hers. Hey isn't imitation the highest form of flattery?
1. I love pancakes, so does Roman. But he only eats them about half of the time for breakfast now. Only because he hates getting up for school and he is too asleep to realize what he is doing when he starts on yogurt or cereal. Brad does not like pancakes. Whenever he is gone for dinner me and the kids chow down on pancakes. I like mine with coconut syrup. The kids like raspberry.
2. This is my pancake recipe. I like to make a batch or two. Then I put one cup mix into one of those colored take and toss containers at walmart, holds just barely a cup. Then the bell freezer plastic jars hold a cup of buttermilk. It freezes well you just have to plan ahead for thawing. Then in the morning I can grab an egg and each container and I'm set. The leftover mix keeps well in the fridge.
3. Oscar is not the greatest sleeper. Many of you have heard the story. It's totally my fault. Basically he was sleeping good at night when he was 4 months old. Then we camped all summer and I didn't want him to wake up the kids when he cried at night. So I slept with him and fed him whenever he woke up. Great for summer. Then he was teething and I just couldn't make him go in his own bed when he was so sad... blah blah blah. I'm lazy and the kid is still in my bed. But I am going back to work soon. So he is working on being in his own bed and not eating all night. He doesn't like it. He likes to cry. I'm tired.
4. A good thing about Brad working in Lethbridge is that he can pick up random things at the grocery store for me. And he doesn't mind doing it. Thanks Brad!
5. The weather is crazy, but I actually don't mind it. That week when is was so cold, I quite enjoyed the excuse to sit around in sweats and never leave my house. I like getting out with friends, but I also really like just staying home. My kids play quite well most days and don't really get cabin fever. I like feeling like it's okay to stay home and not feeling guilty because I'm not taking them to the park or the pool or where ever.
6. In the words of Rhonda - "I love having a garage to park in. It's the BEST." It really is the best, I probably wouldn't like winter so much if I didn't park in my garage!
7. Hmmm, well if I am sticking with Rhonda's top 10... kids in their beds... I can't go to sleep without checking on my kids. Or at least Brad checking on them. I'm sure I'm not the only mom like this. And it always cracks me up the positions they get themselves into and manage to stay fast asleep.
8. I want to do some sewing. And sanding and painting of furniture. But I honestly just can't find the time. I don't know why, it's not like I do anything super amazing with the time I have. I really don't know how I managed to sew so much before. It's partly that I am just tired. And when the kids are in bed all I can make myself do is sit in my bed and watch tv or read a book. Or play ticket to ride on my phone, Brad and I are majorly addicted to it! But I did manage to sew the kids some awesome presents for Christmas. No pictures on my phone, I'll take some another day.
9. I wish I was a menu planner. Guess I'll add that to the long list of things to do that never actually get done. But here is a meal that I tried awhile ago and we love it. For sure one of my new go to meals. It's on my Pinterest board, can't remember where it's originally from.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. bar-b-que sauce ( I use Bull's Eye)
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no long pink (we used our George Foreman grill) and place on baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
10. Pinned this poster on Pinterest. I don't necessarily love it, it actually makes me feel guilty because I do yell. But it will be a great reminder and that is why I want it.
4 weeks ago