11 January 2011

angry birds

Seriously one of my kids favorite Christmas presents.
They both love the game and saw the advertisement on the game - gotta love how they do that - for the angry bird toys.
Roman was just sure he was going to get one for Christmas. Not going to happen.
But then I came across the tutorial by obsessively stitching on how to make the red angry bird!
I used the same pattern for the blue one and changed up the face a bit. Then made up the yellow one by cutting 4 triangles for the body. They both got a set. I made my cute nephew Eli a bird too and I am so happy he loves it as much as my kids do!
Obsessively stitching has since added tutorials for all the birds and the pigs. We made some pigs yesterday. And by we I mean the kids helped by watching movies and eating treats and not bugging me while I made them. Ha ha!
So for family night (after a wonderfully spiritual lesson of course) we took turns making towers out of Roman's other favorite present and the kids had a blast throwing their angry birds to get the pigs. Do you remember these big cardboard blocks when we were kids? One of Santa's better ideas, Roman loves to build with them. I highly recommend them. Only problem is they take up tons of room.
So go make some angry birds and throw them around the house. I promise you will soon be addicted to the cute little things.

10 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

ridiculously cute!! i am totally going to make some!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

I LOVE IT!!! If only I could sew!

marisajbaines said...

cute cute cute.... when are we starting up our sewing cult.. i mean club..ha

Susie said...

you are awesome.

Just Rhonda said...

yep Eli loves it!!!!! ASAP we gotta make more!!

Em and Tom said...

We are coming home tomorrow!!!!! Spread the word that we need to get together and i'll tell ya everything when I get there!!!!!!! I'll be there at around 9pm'ish so come over if you can! Can you call Susie for me?

Awwwwwwwwwwww such a cute post. I am in my own little world right now for some reason.

Christal said...

Seriously those are so awesome my severly talented friend love them! And now Darren is addicted to the game imagine that ! So cute!!

Mike and Kelly said...

they are darling. How are you liking your new place??

Mike and Kelly said...

they are darling. How are you liking your new place??

LindsayB said...

those are so cute. i'll join your sewing club like a preggo you will join our workout group, HA! loving the new header!