22 March 2008
So needless to say, I was a bit lazy today. "Bit" is actually an understatement. I really did a whole lot of nothing today. A bit of cleaning, playing with Roman, made lunch and dinner. That's it. This is what is waiting for me while I am being lazy on the computer while Brad is up working on the kitchen renos and watching the end of the basketball game.
I love that Brad will stop in the middle of working and play with Roman. Such a great daddy. Love these two boys so much. Love the "cheese" face too. And yes, the pajamas in the middle of the day is all part of my laziness.
And the final picture of the day... It's nice to know my nursing text books are good for something - helping glue down the counter top! Pictures of the new kitchen might not come for awhile, lots of little things to finish up and lots of other projects on the go. But it is so much nicer to wait for the "totally finished" pictures don't' you think? Not that you have a choice, it's my blog!
19 March 2008
For Christmas my mom usually does something like a secret Santa, donating to the church education fund or something along those lines. This last year she gave us kids the money and we each had to come up with something to do. I was looking at the church humanitarian aid site and baby blankets were listed as a top need. So that is what Brad and I did with our money. It's only a few months late! But with the craziness of Christmas and the pregnancy nausea I figure better late than never. Besides, they probably get tons of donations at Christmas, so this is a good time to send them. (I can justify anything!) So they are packed in a box and off to the boarder with my dad on Friday. Then it is off to Salt Lake and then around the world for these crazy zebras.
Maybe next year I will pick something sooner and have it done sooner!
A lady at work and her extended family do something along those lines every Christmas. This last year they bought a goat. Yep, a goat. I think it is through unicef, or one of those types of organizatins. You can buy goats, cows, chickens, rabbits, fish farms, water purification systems, and a ton of other stuff for a family in a third world countrie. One thing that is cool about it is that you can buy a family something that will not only help them now, but provide a sort of sustained income. Like the fish farm or rabbits. Just funny to hear her say they bought a goat for Christmas!
11 March 2008
So much fun to dig up the snow and then stomp on it as hard as you can. Seriously, it entertained him for quite some time.
Checking out the neighbors dogs. He's not too fond of them barking.
Loving the gigantic sidewalk chalk grandpa got him.
My man of few words. He is two now and "they" say he should have upwards of 100 words in his vocab, and be combining them into sentences. Yah, he maybe has 20, if you count animal sounds. But comprehension is totally there so whatever. I think stubbornness has a lot to do with it. Anyway, point of my story, a bunch of the words he actually does use are colors. Artist grandma is so proud! This chalk is geen and the other is boo. It's actually pretty funny to see how excited we get when our little 2 year old learns a new word, and parents of other 2 year olds are excited about funny stories their kids tell them!
03 March 2008
to this so fast?
Happy 2nd Birthday Roman. I am getting a little sentimental today. Looking back over old pictures. It's not the baby pictures that get me so much, it's the ones from around 12 months. From baby to big boy. But if you ask him he isn't a big boy, he is a baby big boy. We'll see what he wants to be when there actually is another baby!
So crazy how fast it all goes and you don't realize it until you stop to think about it. That's all I'll say. Before I start crying!
Roman had a great birthday. I think I could have gone with no presents and only the punching balloons and it would have been the best birthday ever. Isn't that always the way it is with little kiddos though.
01 March 2008
Tag #1 and #2
In high school, grade 12. Spending way too much time thinking about and getting ready for grad. Slacking off in school with only 2 classes the whole semester.
2. 5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Lots of cleaning
3. Go running
4. Grocery shopping
5. Bake a cake for Roman’s birthday – cake and presents tomorrow even though his birthday is on Monday.
3. What snacks do I enjoy:
Just depends what mood I am in. And now that I am preggo, who knows. We have been making home made ice cream lately – raspberry and peach. I do like my mini eggs and other chocolate on occasion. Lately I have been eating a lot of peanut butter on pretzels. Love lots of types of cheese. And strawberries and raspberries.
4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
Probably the same thing as everyone else. Pay off student loans, mortgage, and build a new house. Save for kid’s missions and school. Take our families on a fun trip. New vehicles. Very practical I guess.
5. 3 bad habits:
1. Lately it has been letting the housework pile up as I work, play with Roman, and lay around complaining about how sick I feel.
3. I still bite my nails on occasion.
6. 5 places I've lived:
4. St. George
I think I have lived in 9 different places.
5 jobs I've had:
1. RN – peds cardiology, general peds, maternity, and ortho surgery
2. Dental assistant – loved it, but not good pay in the states
3. Lots of things in a hospital – unit clerk, housekeeping, kitchen aid, mental health aid.
4. Telemarketing surveys – hilarious job with fun people to work with
5. Road crew sign girl - sooooo boring
8. 5 things people don't know about me:
1. I worry too much about the future. Working on that.
2. I love the Gilmore Girls and have seen every episode.
3. I hate the smell of HP Sauce. Just the smell of it makes me gag. Brad loves it.
4. My pet peeve is people who don’t watch where they are walking, especially in the mall.
5. I hate sea food.
8 Things about myself that you may not know...
Since I just had to think of 5 things for the last tag I’ll do these eight about pregnancy – because that is where I am right now.
2. I crave ice cold water. So all I do all day is drink tons of water, then pee a ton, and the cycle just keeps going.
3. I show quickly and carry really low. Last time I could put a hand under my boobs before my belly even started.
4. My belly button doesn’t stick out, just goes flat.
5. Last time I got stretch marks that bled.
6. With this pregnancy I have been very antisocial.
7. I get bad zits when I am pregnant. Lucky me.
8. Last time, and this time too, I’m not concerned about delivery. It’s the post partum recovery that I don’t like.